Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Summer Has Arrived!

Summa, Summa, Summa time. Summa time! 
Sing with me!
      
Well, friends, I am finally out for the summer! I plan to:
-get a lot of work done
-read, read, read
-relax
-have fun!
I hope you all are planning an easy going break!

The end of the year was full of excitement!

Some of my kiddos earned awards,

I packed up the nook,

And I made summer packets!

Every year, I send my kiddos home with summer packets. I know that many of them will not even think about reading or keeping their brain sharp, but I have to give them option.
This year I put their summer work in bright yellow summer bags.

At the front of the packet was a letter to parents that described the packet and ways to have fun over the summer.

For the younger kids, I gave work from the Moffatt Girls summer packet, pencils, sight word cards, and everyone’s favorite, crayons!
The younger kids were so excited to getcrayons.

For the older kids, I gave them a packet for reading and a packet for math, my summer reading fun calendar, sight word cards, pencils, a calculator, and pop rocks.
I also made them take their poems and books home from reading intervention.


Before school was totally out, one of my kiddos said he had already started working! YAY!

I told them that if they brought back work that they completed, I will give them a prize.

I’m really hoping someone chooses to keep their brain sharp!

I also have an amazing assistant!
I had to show her my appreciation! I was looking at ideas for assistant gifts online and found the cutest idea!

I got the tag from Sunny Days Blog.

I included a bunch of orange colored items. I think it turned out great!

I hope everyone has a great summer!









No comments:

Post a Comment